Sunday, August 31

finally, a reason to go to paris

I would like to take a moment to tell you about my new favorite song, "The Longer I Run," by Peter Bradley Adams. It's usually among the songs I listen to as I walk to the grocery store (these walks have become somewhat sacred, and I really wonder how I made it so long without an iPod).

Peter is my second cousin (that's when your moms are cousins, right?), and though I didn't grow up knowing his family very well, I have loved the times I've spent with them recently at my sister's wedding (at which I sang a song that Peter wrote--"So are You to Me") and in Nashville or Birmingham, where they live.

And what does this have to do with Paris? Well, Peter's touring will take him there in late September. I found a great deal for a weekend flight, so I'll be going at least one of his shows.

So fun. And, this means I won't have to wait until April to see someone from my family (I know, Mom, I see you on Skype all the time).

To listen to "The Longer I Run" and some of Peter's other songs, visit peterbradleyadams.com or link to his MySpace, Facebook, etc. pages. Additionally, he and another artist did an album awhile back called Eastmountainsouth, and everyone I've ever lent it to has gone out and bought it. Absolutely beautiful music.

Other than the show, I have no idea how I'll spend my time in Paris. Let me know if you've got some good ideas (a-hem, Catherine and Allison).

No comments: