Thursday, September 18

filling up the planner

Lots of planning this week. I'm a little ambivalent about this: I love that I'm getting some more structure from weekly commitments and weekend travel plans, but I also love walking out the door in the morning in search of some way to spend the day. I'm sure there will still be plenty of time to be aimless.

Weekly commitments, thus far:
  • Monday, Tuesday, Thursday mornings: German class with the students
  • Monday afternoons: Counting linens and towels, trying to not incur the wrath of the man who picks them up
  • Tuesday, Thursday afternoons: Art History with the students
  • Wednesday mornings: Bible Study with women from my church
  • Wednesday afternoons: Lunch with middle schoolers from the Vienna Christian School, then meeting with certain students individually or in small groups
  • Thursday evenings: US Embassy lecture, if there is one
  • Sunday mornings: Helping with high school Sunday school class
  • Monday evenings: Cooking dinner with/for the students...still a little up in the air, but we do love family dinners here in the Flow House. They really like watching me cook for some reason, and ask lots of questions about the herbs I use and why I stir a little water in eggs before scrambling them. Sometimes I make up answers.
  • When necessary: answering the buzzer, Rosetta Stone, and trips to the grocery store.

As far as traveling goes, here's what's coming up for me:
  • Paris, France (9/25-27. I'll get to see my cousin perform.)
  • Prague, Czech Republic (10/3-5. Wake Forest trip with students and faculty.)
  • Dublin, Ireland (10/10-14. Fall Break...I just wanted to go.)
  • Spain--Madrid, Salamanca, Valencia (10/14-18. Visiting friends.)
  • Small town outside Vienna (10/31-11/2. Helping with citywide youth retreat.)
  • Cracow, Poland (11/7-9. Another Wake Forest trip.)
  • Athens, Greece (11/26-30. The students are planning to spend Thanksgiving in Greece and have convinced me to join them. The flight was super-cheap, so I just booked it tonight.)

Should be cool.

No comments: